1. Is the Harkin Staff Reunion the same weekend as the Steak Fry? Yes. The reunion is Saturday, Sept. 13 and the Steak Fry is Sunday, Sept. 14.
2. Is there a cost for the reunion? Yes, now that the early registration deadline has passed, the cost is $45 (includes food, T-shirt etc.) Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harkin-staff-reunion-registration-11813499495
If you are registered but haven’t bought your ticket, you can purchase it at the box office on Saturday.
3. Is there a hotel room block: Yes, check out these options: https://harkinstaffreunionblog.wordpress.com/hotel-recommendation/
4. How is word getting out to my former Harkinistas? This event is not affiliated with the Harkin Senate staff. We’re all volunteers, getting the word out by word-of-mouth.
5. Who can come to the reunion? Only paid staff, former and current. This event is the only one strictly limited to staff. Family and close friends (will all meet up after the reunion at the Raccoon River Brewery adjacent to the Hotel Fort Des Moines.
6. Who will be headlining the Steak Fry this year? Hillary AND Bill Clinton.
7. Where do I buy Steak Fry tickets? www.tomharkin.com
8. What is the Harkin Institute?! Find out on Saturday from 1-3 p.m. by visiting the folks associated with the Harkin Institute for Social Engagement on the campus of Drake University. The location: Look for the white canopy on the Sundial Sculpture Plaza at Drake University on Carpenter Avenue between 25th and 26th, in Des Moines. In the event of rain, meet in Levitt Hall on the second floor of the Drake University Old Main Building, 2507 University Avenue. Parking is available in the Drake lots at 25th and Carpenter and on University across from Old Main. Those who are registered for the reunion will be receiving an email with more details from the director, Marsha Ternus.
Weather forecast calls for temperatures in the 50-60 range. Casual dress at the ball park, and bring a jacket.